WUR Life Sciences Hack
The very first WUR Life Sciences Hack will take place on the 25th and 26th of October! It is a 32 hours hackathon to ignite data- and tech-driven collaborations between students, tech entrepreneurs, researchers, and domain experts. The purpose of the hackathon is to have creative (tech) talent from different universities and young professionals work on targeted challenges side by side with representatives of leading Dutch agribusinesses. The hackathon will be prepared and executed by FarmHackNL. The hackathon is part of the pan SmartAgriHubs Program.
It will be a select and targeted event: 4 challenges, 4 teams, high-quality support, mentoring, peer to peer learning and your chance to compete for prize money and SmartAgriHubs support. A unique opportunity, for the brightest and most creative talent at Wageningen University and beyond!
Each team will consist of:
- 2 representatives of the company (a software engineer and a business developer)
- 3 to 4 students/starters (from different disciplines)
- 1 or 2 researchers from the WUR (domain experts)
- 1 or 2 FarmHackers (e.g. machine learning, open-source expert, front-end developer, app developer, UX/UI designer)
What’s in it for you?
The hackathon offers a unique opportunity to
- work with a structured, robust and easy-to-use database, containing exciting new datasets. The challenges are well prepared in order to allow for carefree hacking during the hackathon.
- work on open innovation and data governance with experts. You will have access to business intelligence and real-world use cases. We offer the opportunity to work with experts, a peer-to-peer learning environment and two days to test, develop, and hone your skills while working on real-life issues with experts from companies in your field.
- to pitch your results, prototypes, and visualizations, to an expert jury and win prize money and support to become part of the Smart Agri Hubs network.
The SmartAgriHubs team will also support the realisation of this event to analyse and discuss the expansion of the European networks of Digital Innovation Hubs and Competence Centres to support regional innovation initiatives.
For more information visit the website.
Formal registration will start in September. To pre-register, send an email to [info at farmhack dot nl].