Plan4All - INSPIRE
A hackathon for balancing the imperatives of the present with the demands of the future.
The COVID-19 INSPIRE Hackathon is already the 17th hackathon organised by the Plan4All association in cooperation with Czech Center for Science and Society and other H2020 projects including SmartAgriHubs. It is based on the traditional model of the INSPIRE Hackathon, which is not a single event, it’s a process designed to efficiently exploit the achieved results of previous hackathons on developing new innovations.
COVID-19 INSPIRE Hackathon 2020 develops and shares agri-food economy solutions to balance the imperatives of the present with the demands of the future. In COVID-19 Hackathon addressed the following topics:
- ● Facilitate access to data and services for a more accessible digital innovation in the agri-food sectors
- ● Educating individuals from other sectors for being able to support agri-food businesses in the crisis
- ● Forecasting of regional food supplies, deviations and/or shortages
- ● Mobilising agricultural workforce for harvesting
- ● Regional matching of offer and demand for fresh produce in decentralised settings
After more than two months of hacking, the COVID-19 INSPIRE Hackathon ended with a final presentation of results & awards ceremony. The jury members Jovana Vlaskalin (BioSense Institute), Beata Vörösová (CzechInvest), Maris Albers (University of Latvia) and Josef Hnojil (Geobusiness) announced the following winners for the COVID-19 INSPIRE
- ● 1st place – IE #13 Calculation of agro-climatic factors – a potential source of information for forecasting regional food supplies / Karel Jedlička, Michal Kepka et al.
- ● 2nd place – IE #8 Digitalization of indigenous knowledge in African agriculture for fostering food security / Antoine Kantiza, Tuula Löytty et al.
- ● 3rd place – IE #6 Atlas of the Best Practices – Polirural cases / Pavel Kogut, Petr Horák